So xForce finally realised that there was a strong and growing market for the 1.6T platforms, and have released their own downpipe. Interestingly enough, they've made a downpipe in 2.5" for use with the stock midpipe, or their replacement 2.5" midpipe.
This kit will be fine for anyone who is just trying to get the most response our of their factory turbo. The smaller diameter of this downpipe, coupled with a 2.5" midpipe will likely give more drastic mid-range punch, where going up to our 3" downpipe, coupled with a 3" catback, will offer more top end pull.
Differences between this and the Cherry tuning downpipe:
- The Cherry downpipe has a 100 CPI (cell per inch) cat, for maximum exhaust flow, this xForce unit has a 200 CPI cat
- The Cherry downpipe comes with an inbuilt spacer for the secondary O2 sensor, meaning that a retune isn't generally required to "turn off the code". The xForce downpipe also comes with an O2 spacer, an external one. However they still supply these downpipes with a recommendation to have the car retuned. Note: we can do a "code delete" tune for $100, or bundle it with a pop and bang tune for $300.
- The Cherry downpipe is a 3" downpipe that comes with the option of tapering down to 2.5" right before the flange for use with a stock midpipe or 2.5" catback system, where this xForce system is 2.5".
- The Cherry downpipe should have more outright power potential, especially for anyone going down the path of high-flowed turbos. That said, the difference will honestly be negligible for most people.
- The Cherry downpipes are hand-made in Australia, where xForce products are produced on an overseas production line. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, as factory manufactured parts are usually made to very tight tolerances, it's just a point of difference.
Note: These do not suit the new 1.6T Smartstream motor in the i20N or i30 Sedan N-Line
Parts are supplied for off-road use only and it is the responsibility of the customer to confirm with their local government regarding the legality of installing any parts for road use.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device