First things first... No this doesn't fit the DCT - We will be working with Quaife to manufacture one for the 7 speed in the coming months.
A Helical LSD (Limited Slip Differential) will completely transform your car’s performance. Unlike a conventional plate-style limited slip differential, the Quaife ATB Helical LSD differential relies on gears rather than clutch plates for its operation. This means you can expect a drastically smoother engagement compared to a "standard" LSD.
An LSD is designed to prevent the complete loss of drive that occurs with a conventional open differential, because usually when one wheel loses traction, your whole car loses traction!
Ideal for autocross, track work and aggressive street driving, where it outperforms other LSD systems including clutch-type LSD. With low heat generation (no diff cooler required) and unlocking under throttle lift and deceleration the Quaife LSD provides a predictable, stable power transfer in cornering, braking and transitions while preserving the reliability of the differential unit, lap after lap.
Installation is identical to the normal differential with bearing pre-loads and pinion mesh maintaining the factory’s settings. Servicing of the unit is also simple, as all gear pinions are free fitting and normal final drive lubrication oils are retained.
- Controlled power transmitted to both driving wheels
- Never locks, inherently safe
- Automatic in operation
- Eliminates harsh torque steer and understeering characteristics of other types of LSD
- Gear operated (No plates to wear or break)
- Benefits all year round, regardless of traction conditions
- Direct replacement for standard unit
- Low heat generation
- Retains normal axle lubrication
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
Note: This currently does not come supplied with all the required bearings and/or accessories required for installation. Your installation workshop will need to organise these for you - In the future we will be able to supply these required parts.
Parts are supplied for off-road use only and it is the responsibility of the customer to confirm with their local government regarding the legality of installing any parts for road use.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device